Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sober

So I took my earphones out my ear
Looked for something more to hear
Something that won't draw me near...y
our thought or voice
Heard my heart completely stop
Fever climb from mild to hot
Look around at what I got....
and know it's what I chose
Almost 2 months and I'm still sober
Cuz I feel it's really over
I guess you really weren't my clover...
but no complaints here
No, you didn't plea your case
I slammed the door right in your face
You're not the taxi that I'd chase....
once you've packed your bags
Now look at me and look at you
You see the things that hurt can do?
Well...you got bored and now you're through....
But two has felt that way
It's been a while but i'm still sober
You'll be the cold I'm finally over
Now these guards I'll never lower.....
it's in your trait to walk away
Divorcees now, and we weren't married
Happy family, no children carried
Was the love imaginary?....
Cuz I can't feel it now
A young boy lost, a young girl old
I held your hand when it was cold
Damn near thought I felt your soul...
.and now it's done this way
But lately, i've been so content
Forgot all of the love I spent
Can't own my heart, but you can rent...
which can cause' for some dis-content ...
but on your own behalf
The conviction made me laugh

You loved so deep and held so tight
yet still the timing wasn't right?
You left like a dream in morninglight...
I wonder were you real..or just a void to fill...

cuz

Now of you I'm finally sober
My worst addiction,
standard lowered
Forgotten, secret, heart-felt clover
I'm not as sick now that it's over...

No comments: